The committee is a fully incorporated Body. There is an executive Committee supported by several Sub-Committees. The committee has researched most of the recently constructed Major Museums in Australia. In the process discussions were held with inaugural committees and project officers to gain a better understanding of the establishment and management of museums. As a result the committee put together the following Strategic Objectives - that they would:
- Establish a Regional Museum in Adaminaby - a year-round attraction, highlighting the early days of the project with significant examples of the machines and materials used to build the Snowy Mountains Hydro-Electric Scheme.
- Create a capacity to facilitate ongoing research into the Snowy Mountains Scheme and its impact, including the influence on modern Australia of the migration program.
- Create a sustainable community enterprise, which tells the story of the construction of the Snowy Mountains Hydro-Electric Scheme.
- Establish a unique facility, which provides employment, increased visitation and economic benefit to the Adaminaby community and the Snowy Mountains region.
- Inspire youth to consider engineering as a career, through understanding the achievements and the construction of an international engineering wonder of the world.
The following people form part of the current executive committee:
- Chairperson - Peter Taylor
- Deputy Chair and Secretary - Paul Middleton
- Treasurer - ">Beverley Schornegg
- Curator - Eduard Schaepman
- Head of Publicity & Media Contact - Tim Corkill